Student Employee Award Recipients.
Student employees preparing for an event in the ballroom
Student employees engaging in remote employment.
Student Employment Philosophy
The Student Union believes in providing the opportunities necessary to allow for growth of the student, both holistically and through the attainment of knowledge, skills, and abilities for their career, while also partnering with students to provide essential functions to the campus community.
The Student Union strives to offer one of the best employment opportunities on campus. Student employees and staff partner to create community.
The Student Union will provide:
- the opportunity to gain practical experience
- the opportunity to develop transferable skill sets
- the opportunity to complement the academic experience with real world implementation
- the opportunity to offset educational expenses
- a sense of belonging within the Student Union community (and campus)
- a support network through personal connections
- an opportunity to partner with other student staff and professional staff of the Student Union to achieve the departmental mission.
The Student Union believes in preparing student employees for their life after graduation, and specifically their careers. As such, learning goals for our students have been developed.
Student Employee Awards
At the completion of every spring semester, the Student Union celebrates the achievements of our student employees through an end of the year celebration recognizing our graduating seniors and award recipients. For award information and recipeints, please visit our Student Employee Awards page.
The student union employs over 100 students each year to assist with event ticketing and preparation, technology setup, and administrative roles in UCopy and the information desk, student building managers, and more. Students may also apply for positions at the Student Union through a Federal Work Study award.
We are currently hiring for UCopy.