The Student Union offers space for the meeting and programming needs of the campus community. From small groups to large events, we can accommodate your needs in the Student Union. Most rooms can accommodate multiple seating arrangements, and catering is available through Vol Dining.
Due to social distancing and cleaning measures required for our UTK community to return safely to campus, meetings and events will be significantly impacted throughout the fall semester. Below are a number of items that needed be noted as you plan your event.
- Masks are required in the Student Union
- Meeting rooms will feature standard room set-ups (see below)
- Virtual pre-event/meeting walkthroughs will be necessary for most events
- Exact start and end times of meetings are required to be communicated to Student Union event staff.
- Event/ meeting sponsors are responsible for their “safe event plan” this includes ensuring capacity numbers, social distancing of attendees, ensuring participant wear masks and cleaning supplies.
- Disinfection times will be built in to break-down times for reservations (1-3 hours depending on space)
- All rooms will be locked prior to start times, event/meeting planners required to check-in at the information desk to request room be unlocked
- No round or high-top tables can be used
- No late space reservations (late is less than 48 hours in advance)
- No storage for meeting or event supplies
- No tables in hallways
- No outside vendor access
- No lapel mics will be available for any space
- Availability of sign holders will be extremely limited
- Groups who plan to use dry erase boards in spaces must bring their own markers
- No inflatables, dance floor
The Student Union staff will, as information is made available, communicate any alterations to spaces or cancellation of spaces resulting from the need to temporarily close a space. Such closures would result when the University identifies an individual with one of the following conditions has occupied the space:
An individual with one of the following conditions occupied the space:
- Symptomatic and self-isolating – An individual has symptoms consistent with COVID-19 and is self-isolating per current guidance.
- Positive COVID-19 test – An individual has a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Precautionary self-isolation – An individual is self-isolating as a precaution due to close contact with a known or suspected COVID-19 case.
|Room||Set ups and Capacities|
|169||Fixed seating for 33|
|180 (Auditorium)||Fixed seating for 202|
|260||Fixed square with tables for 8|
|262||Fixed seating for 55|
|270||Workshop with tables for 36|
|272 (Ballroom)||Fixed seating for 208||Ballroom chair example|
|360||Fixed workshop with tables for 8|
|362||Fixed seating for 51|
|377 (Executive Dining Room)||U shape with tables for 14|
* All rooms have standard / fixed set-ups.
* The following rooms are not available due to a substantial decrease in seating capacity reflecting COVID social distancing needs.
To meet the diverse needs of our campus community and to maximize use, policies have been developed. Those policies may be found here.
The Events Checklist is to help you as meeting and event planner host a successful event in the Student Union.
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday – Sunday ClosedContact:
Student Union, Suite 273
1502 Cumberland Avenue
|Forms of Payment: