Due to social distancing and cleaning measures required for our UTK community to return safely to campus, meetings and events will be significantly impacted throughout the fall semester. Below are a number of items that needed be noted as you plan your event.
- Masks are required in the Student Union
- Meeting rooms will feature standard room set-ups (see below)
- Virtual pre-event/meeting walkthroughs will be necessary for most events
- Exact start and end times of meetings are required to be communicated to Student Union event staff.
- Event/ meeting sponsors are responsible for their “safe event plan” this includes ensuring capacity numbers, social distancing of attendees, ensuring participant wear masks and cleaning supplies.
- Disinfection times will be built in to break-down times for reservations (1-3 hours depending on space)
- All rooms will be locked prior to start times, event/meeting planners required to check-in at the information desk to request room be unlocked
- No round or high-top tables can be used
- No late space reservations (late is less than 48 hours in advance)
- No storage for meeting or event supplies
- No tables in hallways
- No outside vendor access
- No lapel mics will be available for any space
- Availability of sign holders will be extremely limited
- Groups who plan to use dry erase boards in spaces must bring their own markers
- No inflatables, dance floor
The Student Union staff will, as information is made available, communicate any alterations to spaces or cancellation of spaces resulting from the need to temporarily close a space. Such closures would result when the University identifies an individual with one of the following conditions has occupied the space:
An individual with one of the following conditions occupied the space:
- Symptomatic and self-isolating – An individual has symptoms consistent with COVID-19 and is self-isolating per current guidance.
- Positive COVID-19 test – An individual has a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Precautionary self-isolation – An individual is self-isolating as a precaution due to close contact with a known or suspected COVID-19 case.
|Room||Set ups and Capacities|
|169||Fixed seating for 33|
|180 (Auditorium)||Fixed seating for 202|
|260||Fixed square with tables for 8|
|262||Fixed seating for 55|
|270||Workshop with tables for 36|
|272 (Ballroom)||Fixed seating for 208||Example of ballroom chair|
|360||Fixed workshop with tables for 8|
|362||Fixed seating for 51|
|377 (Executive Dining Room)||U shape with tables for 14|
* All rooms have standard / fixed set-ups.
* The following rooms are not available due to a substantial decrease in seating capacity reflecting COVID social distancing needs.